About the Charity Retail Association
Set up over a decade ago, the Charity Retail Association is the only body in the UK that represents the interests of charity retailers. We have over 350 charity members with, between them, over 7,000 shops.
We work to:
- Influence and monitor legislation and regulations that affect charity retailing.
- Promote the benefits of charity retailing to the environment, the community and to charity.
- Be the major source of expertise and up-to-date information on issues affecting the charity retail.
- Promote good practice. See Code of Charity Retailing.
- Work closely with other relevant organisations to support our members.
A successful charity retail sector in the UK, actively promoted and supported by the Charity Retail Association.
What we do
- Effective lobbying and public relations on behalf of our members on key issues including Gift Aid improvements, correct waste charging, donated stock supply.
- Promoting of good practice and increased public support through the Code of Charity Retailing, the self-regulatory scheme for charity retailers.
- Carry out and commission research, market analysis, guidance and information about charity retailing.
- Host the Annual Conference, Exhibition and Awards
- Offer training opportunities and support
- Host active Special Interest Groups and networking opportunities
- Provide an online discussion forum
- Offer a free, 24 hour legal advice line and tax advice line